
I received some good advice a little over a week ago regarding the news: "Listen to it, but don't hear it."
The news is good for me when:
- It makes me aware of what is going on in the world.
- Provides ideas for ways to help out our brothers and sisters.
- It reminds me the rest of the world is not having the same experience here as I am.
- It exposes corruption.
- It makes scriptures like Matthew 24:6-14 more relevant.
- I assume I am getting an undistorted or objective picture of the world.
- I allow myself to rationalize bad behavior based off of someone else's.
- Hearing about suicide bombings far away no longer affects me.
- I stop trying to work in my sphere of influence because of the size of the world's troubles.
- My mind is numbed from commercials. (Either encouraging me to ask my doctor if Zithromax is right for me, or requesting that I sign up for the latest class action lawsuit)
No comments:
Post a Comment