
*Please note: The entries prior to this one are all from the Spring of 2008, despite their misleading date.
I had quite an experience on Tuesday. I was walking through the student center at my university to find a large crowd gathered around a wall-mounted, flat-screen television. A cable news channel was giving movie-like coverage to the inauguration ceremony of Barack Hussein Obama. I sat down and tried to absorb the moment.
As our new president made the oath of office and began his speech, I had a somewhat ominous feeling. It was as if I was watching the opening scenes of an action movie; however, the further he got into his speech, the more hope I felt. Obama said that it is ultimately the American people who will determine the direction of our nation. As he said that, the part of me that feels responsible for the direction of our nation began to wake up. He has an amazing potential to bless America by giving us common purpose.
I pray that he stays 'humbled by the task before us', and will seek guidance from our loving Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment