Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Saturday night I attended a terrific meeting, it was the adult session of Stake Conference back home. The goal stated in the beginning of the meeting was to learn of Christ. A large portion of the program was a voluntary testimony meeting. Below is one of the gems I pulled out of it.
A returned missionary got up and announced that he had recently returned home from a mission in Iowa. He related that Iowa is full of Protestants, and that he spent a good part of his mission arguing with people about grace vs. works. One day while helping a member at his farm, the member asked the missionary why he looked so troubled. The missionary answered that he was sick of arguing with people who think we are saved by grace. The wise member turned and said: "Well Elder, we are!"
What a terrific statement! For the past few weeks I have been trying to be the kind of person I should be simply by gritting my teeth (which I have not found to be very effective). I need to remember my Savior; as I drive, as I do homework, and as the rest of my weaknesses are steadily revealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment