I think that I am finally getting used to living here.
Last Sunday an ex-pat family in the Bangalore 3rd branch invited us out to dinner. We gladly accepted their invitation and took an auto (ตุ๊กตุ๊ก) to their place outside the city. We were treated to a delicious, spaghetti-like meal with brownies and ice cream for dessert.
Tuesday I went to the branch FHE and played baseball with three bases.
Wednesday, Carter and I wanted to imitate the spaghetti dinner, so we went to a nice grocery store to search for the ingredients. Almost immediately I found noodles, but twenty minutes into our shopping trip, I still couldn't find sauce. I was about to give up when we stumbled upon the international corner. It seemed to be glowing. Carter and I alternated naming the items on the shelves: Peaches, Mayonnaise, Pudding, Tim-Tams, NesQuik, Spaghetti Sauce! It was magical.
This week at work I met my mentor. He is a graduate of IIT (The MIT of India) and has been working for HP for about eight years. Thanks to him I have lots of direction on my project, and a comfortable Linux environment to program in.
About 3:00 on Friday, my team celebrated 'Mango Day'. Almost everyone brought their favorite variety of mango, lots of people started cutting them, and we ate. A few times I asked myself if I should stop, but I couldn't. Part way through my 12th piece I had a mango moment, where the world seemed to melt away and all that mattered were mangos. Luckily I didn't get sick afterwards.
Kind of like the mission, most of the pictures taken aren't of daily life, but of 'p-days', or in our case Saturdays.
ooo the mango moments! i know EXACLTY what you mean!
ReplyDelete