I can now celebrate my one week aniversary in India. It has been a rather eventful week:
Saturday I was shocked by the traffic, and I have been shocked in that category before. Regardless of the method of transportation we take here I am constantly being thrown around the vehicle.
Sunday we were welcomed by the Bangalore 1st Branch.
Monday we showed up to work, only to find out that we were at the wrong building. Apparently HP has multiple locations here in Bangalore and about 40,000 employees.
Tuesday I started my one on one trainings to get me up to speed on the project I'm working on.
Wednesday I started feeling a little sick, but had a delicious Dosa for dinner.
Thursday (yesterday) I was feeling pretty gross. I became quite familiar with the company bathroom, and went home early. Carter gave me a blessing, I took some Ibuprofen, a cold shower, drank a few liters of Gatorade, and slept for 11 hours.
Today I woke up feeling great, and while I was reading I saw a huge tail pass by the porch window... I assumed it was a huge wildcat and so I opened the sliding glass door carefully and looked around, only to find monkeys!
Luckily, I had purchased ten rupees of bananas that I was able to lure them back with.
Sorry you feel sick so often. Does "Sick!" stand for awesome and ill at the same time? That is such a cute monkey! When are you going to call home?
ReplyDeleteHaha those monkeys are so cute! That story made me laugh. I'm sorry you were sick! That's no fun. -Megan
ReplyDeletei wouldn't feed those monkeys... they can get nasty sometimes...
ReplyDeleteand am glad u had Dosa... :)