Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The FHE Lesson

Tonight for family home evening, the lesson was based on a recent talk titled Pray Always by David A. Bednar. As the lesson was being given, I realized that I was feeling uncomfortable. As I tried to figure out why, I came to the conclusion that my prayers are in need of improvement.
It isn't that I am praying for the wrong things, but that I usually can't remember what I prayed for earlier that morning. When people do special favors for me, I usually try to let them know how appreciated their efforts are, but it seems that when I receive a blessing from God, I forget that I ever asked for it and just count the blessing as good fortune.
I have had some pretty big blessings lately, including one sister's decision to go on a mission and another sister's acceptance to BYU. Now my task is to connect the answers to the original requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment